Living the Dream...

This blog makes up part 1 of how I responded to the opportunity to change my direction in life and make my dream life a reality. In November/December 2008 I traveled across Canada from Brampton to Whistler. This is the story.

Part 2 is my youtube channel where Claudia and I travel to Central America and can be found at:

Living the Dream part 2

Part 3 is a blog about our new life in London, UK and can be found at:
Living the Dream part 3

Brought to you by Cheadhome Entertainment

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Chapter 24 - The End (of part 1)

Vancouver to Whistler. Finally.



View Route Map

There is a long story to be told about my first solo trip across Canada (I did it again in reverse in May 2011, but under much different circumstances) and by the time I got to Whistler I had a clear mind and an untapped ambition, but I did not have a plan. However within 2 weeks of arriving in Whistler I would secure 4 interviews and 3 jobs, move into Jason's room (a long time friend - and the only person I knew in Whistler) and tore the ligaments in my ankle on Christmas Day 2008. On my first day on the mountain, on my first run. However, within 3 months I was riding everyday, working 3 jobs, securing a 4 bedroom house that I would later sub-let, and profit on over the Winter Olympics in 2010. This house became a couch surfing mecca, the focal point of a number of social circles where I made some of the best friends I have ever had, including my partner, the love of my life, Claudia.

After spending 3 seasons in Whistler, Claudia and I decided to travel through Central America which is video blogged on my YouTube channel and makes up Living the Dream part 2, and would lead to us currently living in London, UK and Living the Dream part 3.

However, part 1 was the ultimate opportunity: to create the life that I wanted, the life that I desired and the life that I thought would only ever exist in my dreams. I brought my dream to reality and I truly am Living my Dream.

No comments: